The COSIMA instrument is built by the company vH&S as prime contractor to the Max Planck Institute for Extraterrestrial Physics, Garching.
The Max Planck Insitute for Solar System Research, Göttingen, has the scientific lead for the COSIMA experiment.
To request more info, please write E-Mail to:
- Dr.-Ing. Hartmut Henkel, E-Mail: henkel @ vh-s.de
- german: Sept. 10, 2004 (3 pages) as PDF document
- german: Feb. 16, 2004 (abbreviated version, 1 page) as PDF document
- german: Feb. 16, 2004 (long version, 8 pages) as PDF document
- german: Feb. 16, 2004 (long version) as HTML document
- german: Jan. 21, 2003 (8 pages) as PDF document
- english: Feb. 24, 2004 (long version, 8 pages) as PDF document
- english: Feb. 24, 2004 (long version) as HTML document
Here is a COSIMA Poster, A4 size (english). This was originally presented at the EGS-AGU-EUG joint assembly in Nice, France at 10 April 2003, then updated and extended. The current revision, rev. 1.101, is from 1 October 2003. The poster is downscaled to print on A4 paper, with slightly reduced image resolution (PDF file, 660 kByte).
You can also download a large COSIMA Poster (english). This is 900 mm wide, 1350 mm high, and includes cropmarks (media size 908 mm by 1358 mm), with full image resolution. The poster prints e. g. on 92 cm wide paper roll (PDF file, 1967 kByte).
Please contact us, if you require the poster in another size, or if you need a large-scale printout for your institution.
A photo of the COSIMA FM can be downloaded as JPEG file (2400 * 1582 pixels, 329 kByte) from here.
A photo of the COSIMA XM, sitting on an MLI foil, can be downloaded as JPEG file (1600 * 1200 pixels, 840 kByte) from here.
Another photo of the COSIMA XM, with view to the dust entrance funnel, can be downloaded as JPEG file (1600 * 1200 pixels, 840 kByte) from here.
A functional overview drawing (english version) of the COSIMA Mass Spectrometer can be downloaded as Encapsulated PostScript file from here, and as PDF file from here.
View into the vH&S cleanroom during calibration of the COSIMA XM. The COSIMA E-Box (center) on the table is operated by Andreas Koch, development engineer at vH&S. This photo can be downladed as JPEG file (1600 * 1200 pixels, 820 kByte) from here.
Here you find links of our partners:
- http://rosetta.esa.int Homepage of the ROSETTA Mission
- http://www.mpe.mpg.de Homepage of the Max-Planck-Institute for Extraterrestrial Physics in Garching
- http://www.linmpi.mpg.de Homepage of the Max-Planck-Institute for Aeronomy in Katlenburg-Lindau
- http://www.geo.fmi.fi/PLANETS/Cosima.html Informations about COSIMA on the webpage of the Finnish Meteorological Institute
- http://www.esa.int Homepage of the European Space Agency
- http://www.arianespace.com Homepage of company Arianespace, builders of the ROSETTA launcher